Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Mysterious Case of the Dead Fish

Well the fish head anyway. A fish head has appeared on my drive - where did it come from? Did it fall out of Emma's pocket when she visited, or was it dropped by a careless seagull? I guess I will never know. What I do know is that K keeps forgetting to dispose of it and I can't bend down far enough to do it myself!

I have had kitchen dramas this week as I have discovered that the kitchen door is too narrow for my lovely new fridge. It could come in the back door, but a skip is currently blocking access to the back of the property. The Aga lady assured me when I rang that the delivery men will take the doors off (the fridge doors) and put them back on afterwards - we shall see.

I drove for the first time last night - just up to the house to measure the doors, but it felt nice to be out and about, and now I know that if I want to go into Christchurch I don't have to go on the bus.

I have been looking at kittens online again; I am convinced that this is a must have after the builder found a dead mouse on the drive - yuk. I am going to make another practice Dorset Apple cake this afternoon, with apples picked by me from my own garden. I don't know who will eat it - I may leave it for the builders.

The children drove me batty yesterday - constantly bickering. It goes something like this - girl goads boy, boy wallops girl. Girl demands that I do something about him walloping her. The trouble is she just doesn't leave him alone and she probably deserves it - but he has to learn that it isn't acceptable to go around clobbering people. They reckon that they are going to walk up to McDonalds together for lunch - I'll believe it when I see it!!

No comments: